Higashi – Hoshi-kingyoku
Kanten powder 4g
mizuame(option al) 15g
- Disolve kanten in the water.
- add sugar and cook on medium heat, always mixing
- once boiling add mizuame and mix
- let the liquid boil till become heavy, always mixing. Once the liquid start to pull thread stop cooking.
- Pour liquid in the oiled container and try to clean any bubbles on the surface using a spoon
- let it cool down
- when solid take it out from container and put on kitchen paper and dry any remaining water on surface
- using shaped cutter, cut shaped out and let them dry on oiled surface or net.
- dry them for 1-2 days till an outside hard skin is formed.