Naka Oki is a variation of Usucha Hakobi and Koicha Hakobi suitable for October in which the Furo is positioned in the center of the tatami so that guests are closer to the source of heat than they would be in the warmer months of Furo season. A tall, narrow Mizusashi is placed to the left of the Furo.
- Mizusashi is tall and narrow
- Other utensil is the same utensils as for hakobi usucha or koicha
- Mizusashi is placed center between line and shikiita. The line in front of shikiita should pass through center of mizusashi. It is places nana-me, facing the host.
- Futaoki goes straight in front om mizusashi
- Shifuku is placed between futaoki and host for koicha